Links
Ask the Grade Doctor
Contact Me
Links

Ask The Grade Doctor

Full Question Detail

Return to All Questions

Question

Ken,I am a huge fan and have been working sound grading practices for the past 10 years in school districts all over the country. I just wrote a blog about the disconnect between grading for tasks/behavior and legislation on student growth in 24 states. If we measure compliance and tasks it is very difficult then to measure growth - learning with multiple data points. Before I publish this blog, I want more examples of standards based grading at the secondary level. I have some schools that have taken the plunge.. but I would like more samples. Do you know where to point me? Thanks for everything!

2012-09-27
Katy Bainbridge

The
Grade
Doctor
says:

My experience is that it is still difficult to find good examples at the secondary level. Some
places you could look are Quakertown, PA, North Canton, OH, Bremerton, WA, Branksome
Hall, Toronto, Foxcroft Academy and Poland High School in Maine. A good place to get
information is to get Google Alerts on Standards-Based Grading. Late last school year there
appeared from those alerts that many districts in Maine were working towards SBG K-12. I
hope this helps.