Ask the Grade Doctor
Contact Me
Links

Ask The Grade Doctor

Full Question Detail

Return to All Questions

Question

My daughter completed her SOPHMORE year at ASU. She was three points of passing
the class and will get a "D" forcing her to retake the class. She was a "B+" student in
lab, attended lectures, received "A" on homework assignments. She is in process of
appealing the grade with the Chemistry commission at ASU. After speaking with the
professor after completing her final, the teacher said she may curve the grade since half
her class was failing. She didn't do this. The head of chemistry said that nothing could
be done and my daughter will get a "D". It will be brought to ASU court and in person all
parties will present their case. My daughter was also accused of cheating on a previous
test and this accusation distracted and rattled my daughters concentration from passing
that test. I am VERY disappointed in the non flexible and system within this department.
Can anything be done to have department grant my daughter three points from
emotional turmoil she experienced from taking at least ten minutes away from her to
answer the remaining questions on test she was falsely accused of cheating? She has
a 3.0 GPA. Thanks for addressing my question.

2015-05-27
Jeanette

The
Grade
Doctor
says:

It depends on the policies and procedures of the school for appeals and if that is not
satisfactory whether you are willing to take the legal route.