Ask the Grade Doctor
Contact Me
Links

Ask The Grade Doctor

Full Question Detail

Return to All Questions

Question

Hi Mr.OConnor,
In my math class i used to have an A but becuase of a bad test score it dropped down
to a B. So when i got my report card I noticed that that wasnt the only thing that dropped
my Citezenship and Work habits had gone from an O to a S and when i asked her what
I had done she said that becuase my grade had dropped she lowered those as well but
once i got it back up to an A it would go back up again. This doesnt make any sense to
me becuase i try really hard in math but it is a subject that i struggle in so I cant help
getting a bad score on a test once in a while because other than that im a straight A
student with outstanding citezenship and workhabits. Please make sense of this for me
becuase Im really confused

2015-05-21
Student

The
Grade
Doctor
says:

It makes no sense to me either. The teacher should not have lowered your Citizenship
and Work Habits grade just because your achievement grade went down. However, what
is really important is your own reflection and goal setting, not the teacher's judgement of
you. Also please define yourself by the quality of your learning and work habits and not
by the grades you get.